Sunday, April 09, 2006

Barnett: WWCD: What would Churchill do?

Barnett says:

Recently I spoke at a University of Tennessee conference celebrating the legacy of Britain's Winston Churchill. During this event, hosted by the Howard Baker Center, all of the speakers made repeated references to America's enduring special relationship with the United Kingdom, a deep security alliance currently on display in Iraq.

My task at the conference was to speculate about the future of that special relationship, and I know I stunned most of the audience with my unexpected verdict.

I told the gathering that the United States would certainly have a special relationship with a key great power in the 21st century but that this crucial partner would be China - not the U.K.
Read the rest

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Powered by Blogger